Sunday, March 11, 2018

First Day in Venice


Yes, tears of joy! For I'm really in Venice again.

And I'm on the vaporetto, proceeding down the Grand Canal. 

During the first week in December, Venice is empty...and beautiful


Come with me along the Grand Canal, as palazzo dissolves into palazzo...
















Ca Rezzonico

Gondolas appear, like flocks of birds!









Approaching my vaporetto stop, Accademia. Accademia Bridge is under plastic, having renovations.

Stepping off the vaporetto I stand before the Accademia Galleria!


Only one small bridge left to cross to reach my hotel.

My own canal

Walking to the hotel

And here it is - Accademia Pensione! Having stayed here in 1988 and in 2005, it feels like a homecoming.

Courtyard of the hotel



The view from my own window. 



My room, and bath


The lovely salon, right outside my room




Looking into the garden



Clock in the salon - by the door of my room

Blackamoor

The salon, towards evening

I set out again, for dinner and a walk

Next post: An evening in Venezia

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Lots of pictures. I miss the comments you made on face-book. They will be in your activity log and you could add them :)

Anonymous said...

Continue to trip. so we could get an interesting story and insights of that place.
Asian Community News | Latest News of Japan | Korea Breaking News | Top Stories from China

http://tameerksa.com/ said...

شركة التعميرللصيانة والخدمات المنزلية 0538599044شركة التعمير بالرياض رقم التواصل 0538599044 لسنا الوحيدون ولكننا الأفضل .
شركة التعمير هي شركة متخصصة فى مجال الصيانة المنزلية وكشف التسربات والعوازل ويوجد أفضل المتخصصين فى مجال فحص الشقق والفلل قبل الفحص .

tameerksa said...

شركة التعميرللصيانة والخدمات المنزلية 0538599044

tameerksa said...

شركة التعميرللصيانة والخدمات المنزلية 0538599044شركة التعمير بالرياض رقم التواصل 0538599044 لسنا الوحيدون ولكننا الأفضل .
شركة التعمير هي شركة متخصصة فى مجال الصيانة المنزلية وكشف التسربات والعوازل ويوجد أفضل المتخصصين فى مجال فحص الشقق والفلل قبل الفحص .

Anonymous said...

jordan shoes
off white hoodie
kyrie shoes
bape outlet
off white
yeezy
off white nike
moncler coat
golden goose
jordan shoes